Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bonjour!

Hello from France! We arrived in France safely on Thursday morning. Found our hostel with no problem. We then went out to tour Toulouse and get food etc. Julie and I were both really tired from the hours of train travel and decided to have a really chill night and just make dinner at our hostel and watch a movie. The first movie we've seen in 2 weeks! It was lovely to just take it easy and not feel pressured to go and do nothing since our hostel was a bit out of the town center.

We went to Avignon and the Palace of the Popes which is beautiful, yesterday. It was fun to then just wonder around the city and see France. Julie said something really cool the day we got to France, she said "Paris is cool, but I feel like this, where we are, is truly French culture." I love that about southern France. It is truly French and what is really cool is I am remembering all my French that I learned almost a decade ago. Super awesome! It's easier for Julie and I to get around. I would love to come back and live hear some day. I love Gertrude Stein's quote, "America is my country and Paris is my hometown." I feel the same way but with the towns in southern France. Paris is a little too touristy for me.

We are in Montpellier today visiting some friends of Julie who are Christians and it's so refreshing to be around the Body of Christ. We've been touring the city and doing some shopping it's super fun. We have our own tour guide too, a friend of a friend who has spent the last semester in Montpellier and knows the town so knows all the good places to go. It's super fun! We will be visiting Carcassonne tomorrow and then taking it easy on Monday before we leave for Morocco. I never want to leave although I'm really excited for Morocco!

Thanks for all your prayers for safe travel on the trains! We have had no complications whatsoever with traveling. God is so good! If you could continue to pray for us as we travel to Morocco on Sunday and Julie travels home early Thursday morning. Also, as I start my program that I would be diligent in my studies and that I will soak in everything. Thanks for all your prayers!

Also, I will continue to blog while I'm in Morocco! Continue to follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment