Monday, June 13, 2011

Au revoir France!

Our stay in Toulouse has been quite lovely. Having one hostel for 4 nights in a row is the longest we have stayed in any one place and it felt good to be stationary. I am very sad to leave. I love France, the culture, the people, the food, the sights, just beautiful. I would love to live here someday. Maybe the Lord has called me to work with the Muslims in France instead of an Arab country. It would be cool to know Arabic and French :)

It was sweet to go back to Avignon and Carcassonne and remember being there a decade ago. Everything seemed a little smaller than I remember it being, perhaps because I am quite a bit bigger. A carousel ride in Montpellier was probably one of the highlights of the trip. It may almost trump going around Santorini on an ATV. Maybe. The only disappointing thing about France is that I was not able to go back and see where I used to live because transportation couldn't be figured out. I guess I will just have to come back. Bummer :)

We have the rest of today in Toulouse and then we fly to Casablanca, Morocco at 7pm. We will have two full days there and then Julie flies home at 2am on Thursday June 16, and I start my study abroad program. On my birthday by the way :) 21! Whoopa! I'm getting less and less nervous and more and more excited for my program. I think traveling before made me quite a bit more flexible and easy going. Not much really freaks me out. So studying Arabic hardcore for 6 weeks should be a breeze!!

Thank you for all your prayers! We have been so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment