Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Last days...

I can't believe I only have 3 days left in Morocco! It's crazy how fast time has gone. But at the same time it hasn't gone by all that quickly.

I spent this last weekend in Fez spending lots of time with my host family. I technically live with just two people, but my host parents kids come over with their kids all the time that it's an endless party. I realized how much I will miss each one of them. Little Mahmood and his chubby cheeks (pictures later), the sweet little granddaughters, the ever motherly Hesna, the fun-loving Selma, Dunia and Nada with their sweet soft voices and bubbling energy. My host mom and her craziness but her sweet love of Christina and I. My host dad and the constant smile he has on his face. The two daughters so opposite in personality but seeing how much they care for each other and for their families is such a blessing. I will miss them so much! I wish I could take them all home with me! It was so nice to be able to spend lots of time with them this weekend.

This weekend I also had a chance to reflect on all my experiences thus far. In looking back I realized I lived every moment to its fullest. I remember specific moments where I said to myself, "Joanna, you're in Africa, you are incredibly blessed." I remember being in the desert and being in such complete wonder at all that God is and His creativity. I remember seeing the incredible power of water as it rushed over cliffs and plunged down and thinking, "My God is even more powerful." I remember being in Spain and enjoying myself and having so much fun, and thinking of the eternal party and joy that I will be a part of when I make it to heaven. God is just so amazing in who He is! Could I really ask for more?

The next few days bring lots of studying for my Arabic final on Friday morning. Pray that I am diligent in my studies these next two days so that I do well. On Friday afternoon I head to Casablanca Airport via train and fly out at 1:45am on Saturday. I have layovers in Frankfurt and Toronto before finally arriving in Minneapolis at 3:30pm. It will be a long day but I like that it's all in one day even if I have to be up early. Pray that I have safe travels and that I am able to stay awake so that I don't miss any flights.

Thank you to all who have read my blog these last two months. I feel so blessed by the emails and facebook posts. I am so blessed by the Body of Christ that has followed me all the way to Africa via cyberspace. I hope that you have been equally blessed and encouraged! Much love to you all!


2 comments:

  1. I just LOVED reading about your time this summer. Sounds like God gave you a truly Amazing Adventure! I just wish I was in Mpls so I could hear some updates in person. Maybe your next trip should be to Asia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading it! Maybe I will come to Asia next!

    ReplyDelete